Friday, February 5, 2010

Try And Try Again

In my Corporate career of 30 years, I have encountered many a people who stubbornly tried to leave their troubles behind by working faster and harder, but without changing their direction.

The end result: they came hard upon themselves.

I would say they were like people who tried to get the square peg in the round hole -they placed the peg in the hole, then took the hammer and pounded on it.

You are getting what I’m saying. They’re working hard but getting nowhere.

I have also noticed that too many people, when they make a mistake, just keep stubbornly ploughing ahead and end up repeating the same mistakes.

I am sure we all believe in the motto, Try and try again. But I guess if I read it this way it makes sense to my human mind: “Try, then stop and think. Then try again”

No comments:

Post a Comment