Monday, August 9, 2010

SPEED KILLS WHILE LOVE HEALS

Sanju is my childhood friend. Now a very famous and a rich man.He loves fast cars.In fact, there was a time we both loved fast cars specially the ones with all the modern gadgets in it. Recently, when I met up with Sanju and were catching up on the lost time and news,he told me something that I think will definitely stir our hearts and bring out the best in us.... the humane qualities in us. You know the ones we forget at times, that we are loving,kind and also good human beings. Sanju went on to tell me that he was still driving his fast cars around town and as if to say that he owns the road, he drives like a maniac.He shamelessly told me that he has been caught and fined by many a times but that did not deter him from speeding until recently, a cop slowed him down on the road and asked him for his license and registration book,he took Sanju's license and went back to his own motorbike and started writing something.Sanju imagined that the cop was writing a fine ticket. The cop returned after a while and handed over a sheet of paper to Sanju alongwith his license and the registration book. The sheet of paper was not a ticket. It was a letter by the cop to Sanju. It read thus: "Dear Sanju, once upon a time I had a lovely daughter. She was 8 years when she was killed by a speeding 4WD(a jeep).The driver was punished with a fine and 3 months in jail and then walked away free. He walked into freedom to hug his wife and 2 little daughters.I had only one daughter and I am going to wait until heaven to hug her!I have tried to put that incident past me and forgive that man.I have decided to do my bit and save other lives from speeding cars and its drivers.Be careful Sanju,lest you make yet another Father lose his child." Sanju says he turned around in time to see the cop pull away and head down the winding road. Sanju was dumbfounded, and he told me, NOTHING, not even those hefty fines stopped me from speeding my car down the roads but this "loving letter" of a cop changed my attitude towards driving fast on the road again.I drove back home and hugged my wife and my 2 kids while asking for forgiveness for my not-to care attitude in life. Yes my friends, Life is precious, we all are precious in the eyes of God , our Creator.Let's not condemn the people but through Love bring them to a better understanding. It is then that we will find the Society and the world that we live in, will be a beautiful place of peace and harmony. I believe that,If Speed,Greed,Jealousy,Selfishness,Pride, etc Kills then surely Love, Forgiveness and Understanding Heals.

1 comment:

  1. Forgiveness brings realization & God's love heals all bitter experiences and crooked ways.

    ReplyDelete