Wednesday, September 22, 2010

What It Means To Be Adopted

I was once invited by a Convent School Principal to conduct a workshop for the students of that school. The main theme of the workshop was the journey into discovering of one's own Identity.As the workshop was in progress, each one of the students came up and shared of how they belong to a particular rich family, their ancestral background, yet some said they belonged to some famous parents and so on. One girl who seemed to me a very shy person came up last and shared something beautiful. "I come from a very poor family,I don't have any famous parents nor do I belong to a well to do family but the one who adopted me made me feel 'wanted' and 'worthwhile'.My brothers and sisters too are adopted.We are 20 of us.We belong to a home who provides us all the Love & Care". She further added, "I may not look like my mummy but then Adoption to me means growing in my mother's heart instead of her womb." All the students applauded this young girl who gave them the true meaning of Adoption.

1 comment: